From one almost complete n00b to a complete n00b (hehe j/k):
Edit: Backup all your crap first if you think you might screw this up!
1. Download Odin http://fileserv.co.cc/zefie/android/samsung_moment/Odin%20Multi%20Downloader%20(v3.95,%20v3.98,%20v4.03).rar
(and use version 3.98 out of the 3 in the pkg and put it on your desktop)
1A. Drivers are available here: http://fileserv.co.cc/zefie/android/samsung_moment/
if you need them.
2. Go into download mode (press and hold vol down/camera then extremely quickly thereafter the power button and hold all 3 for like 2 seconds). Doing so on a flat surface will fair much better.
3. Plug usb into phone while in download mode
4. Windows will detect and install all necessary drivers. MAKE SURE the checkmarks are next to all installed drivers!
5. Extract MOMENT.OPS to the desktop from the odin rar pkg.
6. Download the latest stable kernel to the desktop (http://fileserv.co.cc/zefie/android/samsung_moment/roms/custom/
7. Check all three boxes above on the left in odin about the activity window.
8. On the first option on the right select for OPS select the one on the desktop (moment.ops)
9. the last option on the botton for one package, select the kernel from the desktop
10. make sure odin sees your phone
11. press start...the phone will reboot...DONE.
IF you do this in this order, you should be fine. Of course, all disclaimers apply. Wink
EDIT 2: Zefie, or -Z-, please sticky this so us n00bs don't keep asking how to do these simple kindergardenly procedures.